Saturday, January 9, 2021

Gratitude: January 9th

Today is my husband's birthday, so today I am full of gratitude for him. (He's the one on the left.) There are so many wonderful things about him I could never list them all, but few things I appreciate about him are:

  • He goes out of his way to make sure I can watch all the Canadian and British television I want to. Three seasons of The Great British Sewing Bee? Mrs. Brown's Boys? Dr. Who?  This Hour Has 22 Minutes? No Problem. And then he goes and finds shows that I haven't heard of and gets them because I might like them. Speaking of which, I highly recommend The Goes Wrong Show.
  • Not only does he cook dinner five nights a week (and it's good), but he has taught our children how to follow a recipe and cook a meal. And we're not talking hotdogs and mac and cheese either - they make things like pork tenderloin and roast Brussels sprouts. Delicious. I 100% my husband for creating kids who both claim their favorite vegetable is Brussels sprouts!
  • He is actively involved in parenting our children. I truly feel like I have a partner.
  • When I go to bed before him he will come up to bed and snuggle with me -  just to help me fall asleep.
  • He never bats an eye when I head up to my sewing room to work on projects.
  • He supports my chicken-keeping, despite not being a big chicken fan himself.
  • Whenever he gets up before me on the weekend (which is 99% of the time) he makes sure there is hot coffee ready for me when I get up.
  • He's put up with me, and my craziness, for 24 years.  And that's something.

Happy birthday Allen. I love you and I can't imagine life without you.

1 comment:

Gemma's person said...

Very lucky woman. Congratulations.