Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Gratitude: January 13th

Today I am filled with gratitude for the doctors and scientists at Pfizer who developed the vaccine,  the everyday people who tested it, the LMAS Health Department for bringing it to the Island, and the City of Mackinac Island for providing the space for today's Vaccination Clinic.

 

As an "essential worker" I was one of the 168 Island residents who got their Covid-19 vaccine today. My husband, my parents and I all got our shots. (Those over 65 were also included in this vaccination group.)  My family hasn't visited with my parents, other than socially distant outside visits, since March. Once we all have our second dose it's going to be wonderful to actually sit down for a meal together - inside. My mom is going to be thrilled - even if she has to cook!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

We are anxiously awaiting our turn to receive the vaccine. Glad you got yours!

Liz said...

Poke number two is scheduled for tomorrow! - Liz