Thursday, January 7, 2021

Gratitude: January 7th

Today I am thankful for my ability to learn. Learning new things and new skills has always brought me great joy. I'm not one of those people who focuses on my phone while I'm sitting on the ferry for the 40 minute trip to the mainland; I'm much more likely to have my nose in a book or a crafty project. (I'm currently reading The Time Traveler's Guide to Elizabethan England.) For the record, I am not a knitter. I've tried two or three times over the years, but each time I've been reminded that knitting just isn't for me. And I'm OK with that.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I am also not a knitter and have discovered the joys of listening to audio books. That way I can sew while listening, or enjoy the trip. There are soo many biographies and histories out there to listen to. So, another topic, did you ever publish a recipe for your pasties? I need to make them at home this year as I did not get up to the store in Mackinaw City...

Anonymous said...

I use my library's Libby account to borrow and download books to my phone! It is so easy and takes up way less space than a hard copy. Not everyone who focuses on their phone is wasting time on Facebook or Twitter! :)

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

I am so sorry if I implied that time spent on your phone is wasted time! I didn't mean to suggest that. I love listening to podcasts on my phone - right now I am really enjoying Cults.