Friday, January 22, 2021

Gratitude: January 22nd

 

(Happy kids in homemade jammies - 2016.)

Today I am full of appreciation for my ability to sew; it's something I enjoy, I'm good at it, and it brings me joy. I've been doing it for a long time - I made my first dress in about 1990, unless you count the Barbie dresses I made when I was a little kid. (I remember making them out of old socks.) Recently, I've been branching out into more challenging projects - even attempting to make underwear. (Which isn't really that hard.)

Probably the thing I've sewn that I am most proud of, is the Pikachu jeans I made for my son in 2015. They were my first pair of jeans and my first fly.

 
And I just love the detail I put on the pocket. 


Hopefully, with the semester ending today, this weekend I'll get some time to myself up in my sewing room. What are you going to do to keep busy this weekend? Whatever it is, I hope it brings you joy.

2 comments:

MAKingsley said...

Thanks for the gratitude posts. It helps me remember to be grateful also.
I love the photos too. Mackinac Island pics and especially the kids with costumes. Too cute!

Gemma's person said...

I got to help baby sit my grand nephew and he kissed me on the cheek for no reason . He is two.