Monday, January 18, 2021

Gratitude: January 18th

Some days I'm just grateful that tomorrow is on its way. 

I love how Anne Shirley thought of tomorrow; she said, "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it." And while I firmly believe making mistakes is an important part of the learning process, I like to think that we all get a fresh start each morning. 

I suppose I am also grateful to my Grandma Mary for introducing me to Anne of Green Gables. I even have the copy her mother gave to her in 1935 (either for her 15th birthday or as a Christmas present.)

2 comments:

Bridget said...

My mother refers to some of those mistake filled days as another "life learning experience". She and I both think you can have too many life learning experiences. I am loving your gratitude journal. I reminds me of so many small things which I should not take for granted. Thrilled you have had a COVID shot! Not sure why they didn't just line up everyone on the island as you are all so essential to my summer ;) lol

Liz said...

I love the idea that we are essential to your summer! If you make it up, we should meet for coffee or a coke!