Monday, March 3, 2008

Green at School

In an effort to think about spring I am participating in shining egg's Green Week. Sadly there is virtually no green here in Northern Michigan since we are still knee deep in winter (literally.) As I walked around my school today thinking about green, I quickly noticed that I am surrounded by it - from the alphabet across the hall to the bins in the back of my classroom. Just finding little bits of green today brought a smile to my face. It amazes me that I have been in that building almost every day for the last 15 years but today was the first time I really took notice. Thank you shining egg for getting me to stop and look.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't it funny? how suddenly green is everywhere? thanks for playing, liz!

a friend to knit with said...

love your greens.
it really is fun to spend your day thinking and searching for a color!

Louise said...

Those greens are so comforting and cheery at the same time. Love them!

Shannon said...

I love this idea! And the paintings (were they water color)? Just curious - what grade do you teach?

Liz said...

No watercolors - they were finger paint. I teach 4th - 7th grade math and science, so no finger painting for me. Our preschool teacher had them sitting in the hallway to go home and I just couldn't resist the green...