Thursday, September 8, 2022

Long Did She Reign

In honor of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, I share one of my Grandma's favorite tea cups - from the Queen's coronation in 1953. 


I'd also like to share this photo of the Royal Yacht HMS Britannia as she carried Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip through the Straits of Mackinac in 1959. I wasn't on Mackinac at that time; the photo was taken by the then Director of the Mackinac Island State Park Commission, Eugene Peterson. (Thanks to his daughter, Marta Olson, for sharing.)

Recently I have been reminded of the Queen's words: "When life seems hard, the courageous do not lie down and accept defeat; instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future." Wise words from a strong and courageous woman. May she rest in peace...

No comments: