Monday, March 7, 2022

Marquette Park, 1962

I collect antique Mackinac Island postcards. I suppose technically, I use to collect postcards since I haven't bought a new one in about 17 years. I quit because as postcard collecting became more popular prices skyrocketed, and as a new mom I didn't have extra cash laying around to play with in those days.  

Yesterday I opened the box and had a lovely time perusing my collection. I thought they might make a few of you smile as well. Many of my favorite cards have been sent through the mail; I like having a concrete date. Plus the teacher in me thinks it's fun to try to decipher the senders' handwriting. Which sometimes is quite difficult! Click on the card to see it full size.

 

I think it says: "Hi here I am we all having nice time Am all having lunch fort Going to Mc Island this morning. Little cool. Seeing all soon Mother Lyn"  In some ways it reminds me of American Sign Language - if you wrote it down. What do you think?

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I have a postcard collection too, many of mine are from the 20s. I'll check and see if I have any from Mackinac Island. If I do you're welcome to them!

Liz said...

Carolyn, Thank you! I'd love them.