Monday, March 28, 2022

Boats!

The boats started today! For the first time, ever, I was able to go off on the first day of boats. (Years ago the teachers tried to negotiate to get the first day of boats off, but sadly we couldn't because the date changed every year.)

The kids and I popped off for a quick overnight with grandma and grandpa, and, of course groceries. Neither of the kids had been off the Island since before Christmas.

And chicken feed. I'd bought seven, 50 pound bags right before the boats quit in January. My calculations were pretty good - I had just two bags left.

Here's a little taste of the first boat leaving the Island this season... 

2 comments:

MAKingsley said...

How exciting! Spring has sprung!!

Liz said...

Last night the boat broke down in route to St. Ignace. Passengers spent four hours adrift waiting to be towed to the mainland. Luckily everyone was OK and the boat (hopefully) will be repaired soon.