Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Crazy Old Cat Lady

Yeah, that'll be me in about 35 years...


It was "Future Dress-up Day" at school. Thanks to a muumuu, one of my grandmother's wigs, a ton of jewelry, red lipstick and a stuffed cat I was able to channel my inner Mrs. Roper. Let me tell you, those Hawaiian ladies had a great idea when they invented the muumuu. It was so comfortable - I think I could wear one every day.

My son went as a high school senior. He wore this shirt,


and a graduation cap. Too perfect that I had this shirt when our school's colors are blue and white. 2023 seems so far away, but somehow I know it will be here before I know it.

Making the shirt from plastic bags was a great way to whip up something for him the night before dress-up day!


Iron on decals from plastic bags tutorial can be found here.

I purposely didn't iron the letters and numbers on well. At the end of the day I peeled the letters off the shirt and can now reuse it for something else. Quite practical, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

inkstitch said...

You look awesome! You'll make a great cat lady... we'll wear mumu's together.