Sunday, June 7, 2009

Rainy Sunday

Just a quiet rainy Sunday here on Mackinac Island. It has been so chilly here this spring, it's the seventh of June and I still have tulips in the garden.


No bees out working today.


After working in the garden all day yesterday, I needed a lazy day too. During nap time I got started on new hats for the kids since the ones from last summer are too tight.


Hubby and S are in the kitchen cooking dinner, K and Miranda are looking through Miranda's "treasure box" (jewelry box,) and I'm going back to my sewing room. *Sigh* all is right with the world...

11 comments:

Indy Mom said...

Ahhhh.....lovely tulips. Sounds like a nice and relaxing rainy day. Sunny and warm here.

Pamela said...

How I wish we still had tulips!! Yours look beautiful. Summer hats...want one! Please show how you do it, I would love to learn.

Allie said...

Sounds heavenly to me - rained here too, I sat and hand-stitched ALL DAY. I feel like a slug, lol!

Mum-me said...

Beautiful photo of the tulips. And so lucky to have time to yourself to do some sewing!

cinnamongirl93 said...

That's the great thing about a rainy day, you can do what your hearts desire is.
Love the pictures as always!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Beautiful tulips! Lovely photos.

misschris said...

Sounds like a lovely day, Liz. Those tulips are beautiful!

Manoute said...

Beautiful tulips.
It is pretty chilly here as well (10-15 C).

c|ara said...

Oh, pretty tulips again! Our temperatures are too warm (> 30 deg C) for them to stay outside, that's why they have to stay in the fridge at the florist's.

That Mr bigger fish must be really hungry!

Amanda said...

Love, love, love the tulips. Missing those rainey days on the island.

pam said...

I can smell the rain and feel the chill, smell the food cooking in the kitchen and feel the peace.