Saturday, April 12, 2008

Winter Strikes Again

This is what I woke up to in the back yard this morning - my husband's bee hive covered in snow. I guess Mother Nature decided she needed a little more winter. I was really enjoying my taste of spring. *Sigh* I bet the bees are ready for spring too...

A checked them a few days ago and he says they made it through the winter. He'll be starting a new hive this spring. I didn't realize it until A started keeping bees last year - bee suppliers will send the bees to you in the mail! I would have loved to see our Post Master's face when the buzzing box arrived.

This is what I am ready for... spring flowers and sunshine. (I took this photo last summer.)

9 comments:

Shannon said...

I know the feeling. We have been tricked more than once this year!

susan said...

spring? is it really spring?!! the sun is out, it is 32 and mark is still snow blowing paths to all my bird feeders...but they say no more snow for now...hopefully no more snow till next year :-)

dianna said...

Ooooo....
Send me some snow*!*

LOVE all of your photos :)

Mel said...

I'm a southern girl that was moved to Nebraska (9 years ago), kicking and screaming, (why you ask)cause yesterday was 40's in APRIL and then I call home to hear them talking about 70's :(

This post scares me....I'm sooo allergic to bees...I need a fly swatter!

When I read your blog I feel like I'm reading a book- it's so interesting!! But my fear level could not do the whole drive over frozen lake thing...I can't imagine how organized you have to be- I live 2 miles from Walmart so organized..not so much!

misschris said...

Bees. Hmm. Good for him. I bet the honey is lovely though.

We had flurries this weekend... but 57 is our high today and I think we might be safe now.. I THINK.

Happy Monday, dearie! xo

Spokane Southie said...

I love all the photos on your blog. The bee in the flower is great and the ones of the lake are beautiful.

Marcia said...

I'm sharing your "pain". It was warm enough for just a sweatshirt here today. It can't last much longer.

kelly said...

brrr! i'll be thinking of you as i bask in the 95 degree weather.

Anonymous said...

Weather is so unpredictable. Wish I could give you some tropical warmth :-)