Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Foggy

Such a nice foggy spring day:

Reflections...
freighters...
You can listen to it, if you'd like.*
(It is my very first audio recording, so it isn't the best quality, but you've got to start somewhere.)
Many of us who live near the water find the mellow sounds of freighters on a foggy day comforting. The fog wraps around you like a well loved quilt and then you hear that horn; it sooths you like a purring kitten and reminds you why you love living near the lake.



two otters playing on the ice...
and all is right with the world.
*I had trouble listening while using FireFox, but it worked in Explorer.

11 comments:

The Pastoral Princess said...

Oh those pictures are breathtaking! I would love to live near something so beautiful! I love Illinois, but somehow corn and soybeans just don't compare to that!

Marcia said...

Great pictures! I've never seen any otters on Lake Superior. I know you are on Lake Michigan, but they are pretty closely related. The freighters pull in our Lower Harbor. I know just what you mean, I love watching them too. Thanks for sharing such great pictures. Can't wait to see the Lilacs in bloom.

Anonymous said...

Magnificent views you have! I heard the horn :-) Spring + ice, these 2 words look very good side by side.

jacquie said...

Beautiful Liz!

Shannon said...

Simply stunning! Great captures. I couldn't listen - I'm on Firefox. I'll try again later :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are wonderful! Being surrounded by such beauty must be such a comfort.

misschris said...

Wonderful photos! So grand. I love how describe it up there. :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see those in person. How wonderful they are to see in pictures!

muralimanohar said...

Umm..that looks cold. All of a sudden I am GLAD the winters here don't get very bad! :lol:

susan said...

couldnt get the sound thing to work but kool pictures.

Unknown said...

Wow.

These photos are so beautiful.