Monday, April 28, 2008

Missing...

I'm going to be missing in action for a while...

The five seniors at my school (yes, a graduating class of five) are heading to San Juan, Puerto Rico, on their senior trip this Thursday. They have worked hard to raise money for the past six years and their trip is finally here. (As the senior class advisor, I am the female chaperone for the trip.) I tend to be an anxious person anyway, but this trip is kind of pushing me over the edge; there are so many things to wrap up and confirm, traveler's checks to get, etc. not to mention the week's worth of lesson plans I need to write for my substitute. Anyway, things are getting quite busy around here and I just don't seem to have time for everything...

I'd love to say that I will post pictures of the rain forest hike, the zip line adventure, the snorkeling, and the tour of Old San Juan while I am there, but I am a realist and I know I probably won't have the time. So I'll just have to save those posts for when I get back. Have great week...

This photo isn't mine. I shamelessly borrowed it from http://www.sphaydenphotography.com

8 comments:

jacquie said...

Have fun and enjoy the kids! (as much as a chaperone can!)

susan said...

have a great trip and we will enjoy your pictures when you get back. take care and be safe

Shannon said...

Okay! I wish my students were going to Puerto Rico and needed a chaperone! Not gonna happen! They are in Pre-K! HAVE SO MUCH FUN! Can't wait to hear ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!

Marcia said...

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Wish I was going too!! Have a great time and take lots of pictures. What a wonderful way to spend time with 6 Seniors, they will have so much fun. :-)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful & safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what adventures you went on!

Jeanette said...

Liz, that is awesome, I hope you have an amazing trip!

I can't wait to see your pictures when you get back!