Saturday, February 10, 2024

Happy Birthday Quilted Turtle

Today is The Quilted Turtle's sweet sixteen! It doesn't seem like I've been blogging that long, but my very first post was on February 10, 2008. (And yes, I still have that table runner.) During those 16 years I've written 1,276 posts about just about everything, but mostly Mackinac Island life.

By far my most popular post is Homemade Superhero, in which I shared the pattern I created to make my daughter a cape for Superhero-Princess Day at school. Someone saved it on Pinterest and its now been downloaded thousands of times. 

I've received the most questions regarding my post about my daughter's Captain Underpants costume. I still get emails with questions asking for a more in depth explanation about how I created it.


Most of my posts don't attract much attention, but it makes me happy to journal about my life, so I'll continue. I've actually started getting my blog printed in yearly editions. Just in case Google ever decides to discontinue Blogger, I'll still have a copy. I hope, when my kids are older, they will enjoy leafing though the pages, and remembering long forgotten snippets of their days on Mackinac.




2 comments:

DawnsBoy said...

Very nice interview with Jason St. Onge. How long did you have to talk in order to get enough material for the 18-ish minute show?

Liz said...

Thanks! DawnsBoy, not as long as you'd think. I think I was there about 46 minutes.