Monday, February 27, 2023

School Closing


We had to send the kids home last Thursday (2/23/23) due to a power outage on the School - Grand end of town. It's the second time in my 30 year career we've had to do that. Without power the fire alarm, door locks, heat, etc. don't function; not to mention the lights and laptops.

Today two different people pulled me aside to tell me how impressed they were with my son. Apparently, rather than hopping on his snowmobile and heading right home with the rest of the high schoolers, he went down to the elementary end of the building. He helped the elementary teachers keep the young kids calm and entertained until their parents could get to school to pick them up. 

He's such a good human around children. He tells me he's planning on teaching kindergarten and I think he's going to be an incredible teacher.
 

No comments: