Monday, August 9, 2021

Drenched


It poured today. And I mean poured.

I always feel bad for tourists who get caught out in the rain. Especially on days like today. Today wasn't a get-a-little-damp kind of day; it was a get-soaked-to-your-core-and-have-wring-out-your-undies kind of day. It makes me wonder what they were thinking. Why would you go to a place where you will spend 75% of your time outdoors and not plan for rain? I also wonder about the people who come here wearing Dollar Store flip-flops. Again - you're going to spend an entire day walking around, did you not think about what doing that in flip-flops was going to feel like? Then again, maybe I'm the weird one. Maybe because most people don't deal with the elements the way I do, the possibility of rain doesn't enter into their vacation planning. Either way, I was glad I was dry.

No comments: