Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Jackpot


My youngest child and I were in St. Ignace the other day to get their Covid-19 vaccination. We happened to have a few minutes to kill before catching the ferry home, so we popped into the local thrift shop for a quick peek. Nestled in with the rubber stamps I found these beautiful made-in-West-Germany cookie molds. Happy happy joy joy! 



The cookie molds are typically used to make traditional German springerle cookies, like the ones pictured above (from 2018.) To buy the molds new is quite expensive, so you can imagine my joy at finding the whole lot for $5.00!

3 comments:

MAKingsley said...

Score! When I was a little kid my sister used to make springerle. Pepper nuts too. Such a treat!

Bridget said...

you are soooo lucky!!! the only thing better would be finding a featherweight for $5 ;) woohoo!

Gemma's person said...

I can imagine the delight of the person who owned them , for someone who will enjoy them as you will.
They make such beautiful cookies.