Monday, February 18, 2019

Spoiled

My daughter is an avid reader; and when I saw avid, I mean avid. A month or so ago, she just decided she wanted to read Fahrenheit 451, so she checked it out of the library and powered through it. And  did I mention - she's 12! But I digress...

One series of books she's really enjoyed has been the  Wings of Fire.  The moment a new book comes out all she has to do is stop by the library and give our librarian the title. A few days later the book is at the library, ready for her to pick up. If K so much as mentions a book she's interested in reading it magically appears at the library the next time she's there. I'm not sure if all Island kids get that kind of treatment, but I'm pretty confident that all the "readers" are properly spoiled. I know our librarian has made the library one of my daughter's favorite places.

 

K's Aunt Kelaine also does an amazing job keeping
her in books.

No comments: