Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Vintage Fun


This past weekend I had a great time hanging out with these folks. My friend, Ken, is a member of the group and he invited them to cross the ice, tour the island and enjoy a hot dogs and chili at Turtle Park. Ken owns a few vintage machines and asked me if I would like to drive one. (OK, he owns quite a few, but only six of them are currently on the island.)  I had a great time tootling around on this lovely little 1973 Evinrude snowmobile. It's just three years younger than I am!


I also had a great time taking a ton of pictures, and then playing around with editing software to make them look like they were taken when the snowmobiles were new. The two pictured below were probably my favorites. The one on the left is a 1963 Arctic Cat. The one on the right is a 1969 Hus-ski;  it was in amazing shape. Frank, the owner, even let me drive it. I'd love to own one, but I'm not very mechanically inclined...



No comments: