Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Mackinac Moment

Hi. Yeah, I'm still here. December has just been crazy busy for me. People are always asking me, "What do you do up there all winter long?" It just makes me giggle because people think there is noting to do on Mackinac this time of year, but I'll tell you December has flown by. Between school, sporting events, the Christmas Bazaar and just every day life I feel like I've barely had a moment to catch my breath. Hopefully as things slow down a bit, I'll have more time to spend here.

Mackinac Island has gotten a ton of snow in the last week or so and its been glorious. Don't you just want to hop on a snowmobile and zip down that road? Just bring warm clothes - it's been really, really cold up here lately.

2 comments:

Brian Westphal said...

That picture is beautiful. Which road is it? Not that I'll remember the ones I walked while there last summer, but I'm still curious. Merry Christmas!

Liz said...

Brian, I took it on Cupid's Pathway. Right where Carriage Road peels off to the left heading to Surrey Hill. The opening of the road on the left lets in the prettiest sunlight at the of the day.

There's another beautiful spot on the same road, about 100 yards or so back. The trees look as if they make an archway over the road. In the fall, or after a heavy snow, it's gorgeous.