Monday, May 30, 2011

Cat Birthday Duds


The birthday shirt has become somewhat of a tradition round these parts. This year's shirt, of course, went with the cat theme. (The shirt is essentially the same shirt her brother got when he turned five.) The only problem is - it has disappeared! She wore it on her birthday and we haven't seen it since. I'm stumped. Hopefully it will reappear at the bottom of the toy box or in the dark recesses of one of the kids' closets. If not, I'm glad I got a picture of her in it.



For the last couple years I've also made the kids crowns for their birthdays, but this year I opted for ears instead. My daughter loved them. She has gotten them out a few times since the party; crawling over to me, nudging my leg, and asking me to pet her.

They were super easy to make. I just wrapped gros grain ribbon around a cheap plastic headband. (I hot glued every few wraps to make sure it would stay together.) Each ear is simply a triangle with a smaller triangle of felt appliqued on the front. Actually, it's two triangles sewn together, turned right side out, and then hot glued to the headband. The whole thing took less than an hour.


Such a sweet kitty...

6 comments:

clara said...

O meow, what a cute birthday shirt! Hope you'll find it someday.

Deanna said...

Everything turned out so cute....hope that sweet kitty had a great b'day. :)

Anonymous said...

Your children are going to have such wonderful memories of their birthdays and growing up on the island.

Liz said...

I sure hope they have good memories!

hapi said...

Hi Liz, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Diane said...

What an adorable cat shirt and headband ears!! I hope the shirt has turned up. I'm glad your little one had a purrrfectly fun cat birthday :-) Happy Wednesday!!