Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sewing for Mama


I finally found some time to sew for myself...

I am now the proud owner of a pair of Amy Butler wide leg lounge pants. I used a vintage sheet I got from a friend of mine. She had it in the back seat of her car - keeping her dog's hair off the back seat. When I jokingly commented on her abuse of vintage linens, she gave it to me. Yippee!

I know I am probably the last person to make these, (I got In Stitches from the library over a year ago) but they were worth the wait. They are really comfy. Though I think if I make another pair I will use elastic instead of a drawstring.

Completely unrelated to sewing, I would like to wish you all a happy Pi day! (3/14) Yeah, I know, I'm a complete geek...

(Photo by Flickr's pillowhead designs)

11 comments:

cindi said...

These sleep pants are great! Is there a pattern somewhere?

cindi said...

I'm sorry I'm new at the whole blogging thing...my email is tildentck@chartermi.net if there is a pattern, thanks!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

are you seriously doing all those pi embroideries? how funny! have a happy pi day!

The WoodLand School said...

mmmmm ... pi ...!

Love the lounge pants! I hope you can spend all day enjoying them : )

Pamela said...

I love lounge wear! How lucky to make them out of vintage fabric. Love the flowers!

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Great Job. Love that you recycled @ the same time. I saw the Amy Butler lounge pant pattern and thought I've gotta try these, I haven't had a chance to sew any clothing for myself lately. Can't wait to start up again.

Florence said...

Liz! How good it is to see you. My mom is just halfway through a rant about what an amazing person you are to be taking care of two kids, teaching, keeping up a blog, and doing all your amazing hobbies. You are a talented one, for sure.
It's definitely been way too long. So happy that we can maybe keep in touch like this now! Much love.

Jess B said...

I'm gonna have to look for that book! I just brought home a bunch of fabric from my grandma this weekend. I love the print on yours!

Ashlee said...

Love the pants! I can't wait to start sewing for ME!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And especially for taking the time to comment!

Betts said...

Great pants and I love the material even if it is a sheet!

Pi day, huh? I'm thankful for Pi, so I can measure circles, but I'd rather celebrate "pie" day.

Brenda said...

Love those lounge pants. The colors are beautiful.