Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I made a table runner out of this same fabric last year. This year I'm all about napkins. If you've got a serger they are super easy - just roll the edges. I cut out 20 inch squares, so I got six napkins out of two yards. If I was going to buy the fabric (instead of using leftovers) I would buy two yards eight inches so I could make eight napkins. I think I whipped out six of these in less than an hour.

Fabric napkins make me feel good. The kids like the way they look on the table and I like how green they are. I'm not Irish, but Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Cute Ideas! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

stitching under oaks said...

Happy St. Patty's day to you too! I'm contemplating cloth napkins....these are so cute. Do you find that they launder well?

Betts said...

I really should get a serger someday. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Everyone is a little Irish today.

Anonymous said...

Happy St Patty's to you as well!

I love the fabric too. Very festive.

Shannon said...

Someday, I tell ya, SOMEDAY I'll learn to sew!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you keep teasing me with all those wonderful serger comments. I wouldn't use one enough to justify it, but boy it does seem to make life easier in the sewing world.
Gorgeous shamrock napkins!

Simply Stork said...

they look great!

~simply~

Manoute said...

I love that fabric :o)