Sunday, March 8, 2009

Foamy Fun


What do you do when you've got some free time in the afternoon and want to do something new and fun with the kids? Why squirt shaving cream all over the kitchen counter top and let the kids finger paint, of course. We used Edge Gel because I happened to have a free sample, but any kind of shaving cream should work. My daughter loved how the gel changed from blue to white when she first started squishing it between her fingers.


They loved it! Both the two year-old and four year-old were up to their elbows in foamy fun (literally) for almost an hour. I loved that my son practiced writing some of his letters and that the shaving cream was a snap to clean up.

Though, if you do try this at home, I highly suggest this as a pre-bath time activity. By the time we were done, baths were a must. For the record, my son dutifully asked if it was OK before he slathered the stuff all over his face and arms. Since I knew we were off to the bath immediately afterward, I said yes. You should have seen the smile on his face...

9 comments:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

What a Blast ;)

Shannon said...

THIS is my favorite preschool activity! I've done it a million times at work, but not at home! YIKES! That's BAD! I'm going to suck it up, deal with the mess and DO IT! You've inspired me once again!
\

antique quilter said...

what fun and a great memory!
smiles makes it all worth while

Sam said...

Oh my, looks like they were having a LOT of fun :-)
Best of all worlds that it's easy cleanup too.

Betts said...

You are a very cool mom. My daughter wanted to try shaving like her dad the other day when she was taking her bath, so I gave her some shaving cream and a plastic scraper that I use for cleaning our stoneware pans. She had so much fun.

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

oh my goodness!! how wonderfully fun that must have been!! love the idea... my girls would think this is great. not sure how my boys would do (they're 10 & 12, ya know, hitting that "i'm too big" stage.)
I bet your house smelled manly fresh when you were done! ha ha

Anonymous said...

I'm imagining myself writing and drawing with the cream too! I just have to :-)

Unknown said...

Picturing the smile on S's face brought a big grin to mine. Frankie used to draw in shaving cream as part of his tactile sensory therapy. Such fun!

Marcia said...

You are such a good mom to let the kids make such a mess/have so much fun! Ü