Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yellow: Day Two


I pass by this sign every day, but it had faded into the background and I stopped noticing it years ago. It's tucked away in an empty lot behind a fence, which seems like an odd place for a sign like this. In the summer it is barely visible behind the fence and unruly bushes, but this time of year you can see it - if you take the time to notice. Funny how a little challenge can help you notice something you see every day. Thanks Erin for opening my eyes...

5 comments:

Mum-me said...

Just as well there aren't any cars on the island that actually have to slow down, then, if it can't usually be seen. Or is it meant for the snowmobiles to slow down. Do you have a snowmobile speed limit on the island? Do snowmobiles have speedomoters? And do the horse buggies have a speed limit too? How can you tell how fast a horse is going? On no! You've opened the question box in my brain..........

Christi said...

i love that it's "slow down" -- the sign that is normally out for cars! i love the idea of no cars...and only snow mobiles. i'm guessing golf carts in the summer?

Simply Stork said...

I love the look of that old sign...what a perfect way to remember how cool it is...I'm loving the "yellow" collection everyone is doing...I missed taking part in it but I am having a wonderful time looking at all the photos :o)

~simply~

Betts said...

Maybe it's there to remind us to slow life down and play with the children.

cinnamongirl93 said...

What a great idea. I am enjoying this touch of yellow!