Friday, February 20, 2009

Yellow: Day Five

Today I was inspired by the sunny skies after school to take my camera outdoors in search of yellow. I didn't have to go very far before I found:

a friend's bicycle patiently waiting for spring,


a warning (keep your snowmobile out of the playground),


and a cheery door; one I'd never noticed before.


I found myself thinking, "How could I have missed that?" But then it hit me. In the summer time, when I am often downtown, it is always during business hours. And during business hours that door is always open. Then I didn't feel like such a complete blockhead.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. Mine is sure to include The Empire Strikes Back, playdough, dressing-up, pancakes or waffles (I can't decide), grading math tests and quizzes, at least 5 loads of laundry and quite possibly some sledding - although not necessarily in that order...

11 comments:

Shannon said...

You really do find some YELLOW, not just one,but several BEAUTIFUL shots! Nice work!!

cinnamongirl93 said...

I always enjoy your pictures. Sledding and waffles sound great. We are suppose to get hammered with snow tonight.

Mum-me said...

My brother had a picture book when we were little, it as called "Yellow" and I loved looking through it. It had a yellow door just like this one.

Sam said...

I love that yellow door - it's so sunny.

Sounds like a good weekend coming up, overall ;-)

I've tagged you on my blog for 8 random things, if you'd like to play along :-)

antique quilter said...

have a great weekend!
have enjoyed seeing yellow, my favorite color.. says .happy to me.
Kathie

Manoute said...

Enjoy your weekend :o)
So, you need a license for your bike on you island !?

Betts said...

I love that door. You inspired me to do a week of color, but I'm doing a different color every day.

Sounds like a fun weekend.

jacquie said...

love that yellow door...but then again i'm a sucker for any fun door.

Marcia said...

Once again, so great photos.

Pamela said...

love the door! so cheery and inviting for someone to knock. great photos, what a beautiful day!

Belteshazzar Mouse said...

This reminds me of our friend Dennis. One day, he had me close my eyes and open them and search for something blue. Everything that is blue pops out as if someone highlighted it.

Thanks for the highlighter this week!