Monday, February 2, 2009

Blue Jean Draft-Stopper

It has been bitterly cold here recently. So cold, that the bottom of my side door was icing on the inside. Well, the leg from an old pair of jeans, some leftover pipe insulation and 20 minutes at the serger solved that problem. Ever since I installed it the icing has stopped. Yeah! I guess I'm too cheap to pay $9.99 for this one when I can make virtually the same thing with stuff I already have laying around. How about you - have you made anything interesting lately?

7 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

Love the jean leg! I'm sure it stops the cold.
I made 14 receiving blankets over the last few days. I added a pretty stitch from my machine and even monogramed them! I have another baby shower in 2 weeks. Guess what I'm doing on my day off!!!

Mum-me said...

Hey - that's really neat.

I made a drink bottle holder out of an old towelling nappy. It goes over the frozen drink bottle and absorbs the condensation so school books don't get damp (that's the theory anyway.)

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

that is such a great idea!
all i did today (in a crafty sense) was piece a back together for my daughter's quilt. i didn't get too far on it before the baby woke up and that means "time's up!".

Marcia said...

Great idea! I've been completing things I've started and strayed from.

Maggie said...

That's awesome! We have an old blanket in front of our door-- I think this is better. Is the pipe insulation firm/foamy?

A Bit of Colour said...

Ingenious!

Foam-By-Mail said...

Pipe insulation foam is great for DIY draft blockers! A lot of people who have REALLY bad draft issues also find a looser fabric and a bead-type material, like the stuff in beanbags, can form to the crevasses they're trying to block off and make a difference.