Monday, May 26, 2008

A Little Gold Mine

Before my mammogram on Friday I had enough time to hit one of my favorite thrift shops and I hit the jackpot! My son is a challenge when it comes to pants. He needs a 3T for the length but 24 month size fits in the waste. Needless to say I have to buy pants with an adjustable waste to fit him, so I rarely find them used. This time I found a pair of Children's Place jeans and two pairs of khakis - all with adjustable wastes and all for $1.50 each! I also found two pair of shorts and two shirts for S, two pair of jeans and two bathing suits for K, a pair of shorts for my husband, a child-size kimono / robe for the dress-up box, a tractor pillowcase (story another day,) and a set of vintage sheets. But the best part is - all of it cost a grand total of $12.00!
Aren't these great sheets? I've been looking for a set like this to use for a pair of Amy Butler's lounge pants. I didn't get them made this weekend since I was working on another project - the cutest little dress made out of a onesie... more on this when I get the tutorial done.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

WOW! I don't think I've ever even bought a whole outfit for that price. nice thrifting! Can't wait to see the onesie dress!

Mum-me said...

I love op-shops! I can't help having a look if I am ever passing by one. I also love those pants with adjustable elastic in the waistband. (My two eldest daughters need it because they are tall and thin.) Those sheets are beautiful too.

Marcia said...

Great thrifting! The first pair of p.j. pants I made, I ended up having to hem up the beautiful part of the sheet...I didn't get my inseam correct...That sheet will be perfect for p.j. pants. Be careful...onsie dresses are addicting. Ü

Anonymous said...

I love thrifting! You have some great finds there, the pillow cases are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I LOVE great thrift finds! Also, what a great "nose" story, and Wow!, loved hearing about the trip!

misschris said...

Ack. That sheet. Perfect for lounge pants. Perfect. Great finds, my dear!

Spokane Southie said...

I am jealous. I never have luck at thrift stores, but maybe I just need to check back more often so I can get to things when they are first put out.

My husband broke my nose when we were dating. We were playing catch and he got a little overconfident in my abilities and threw the ball a little too hard. It bounced out of my mitt and hit me square in the nose--blood was everywhere. He cringes everytime I tell that story.

Maggie said...

Huzzah for fabulous thrift shops!

The Pastoral Princess said...

Oooh these are gorgeous!!! I had to check out Amy Butler's link...I might have to get that book!! I love her designs. Thanks for the tip!

Brenda said...

i would love to have that set. I only found that 1 pillowcase, which made a cute dress for my 4 year old grandaughter