Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Modern Baby

My two and a half year-old daughter is all about babies. She loves dolls and takes good care of them. Well, at least she tries to. I often find them wrapped in a blanket and crammed into a step stool or a drawer for a "nap." In an effort to help improve K's parenting skills, this year Grandma got her a doll-sized Pack-n-Play for Christmas. Of course, I though she needed a quilt to go with it. Amanda Jean inspired me on this one - I just love how the backs of some of her quilts look. My daughter is getting a little matching yellow pillow too, but guess who forgot to get a picture of that...

Here is a close up of the quilting. I just meandered and made free-motion loops using my Bernina. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I hope K likes it too.

If you are curious, that is a graduation tassel hanging on my Christmas tree. My high school and college tassels are both hanging there. I didn't know what else to do with them...

9 comments:

Maggie said...

I love the modern sensability of the design, and the bright colors really pop! It will be perfect in the mini pack and play.

Sam said...

That's a very thoughtful gift, and I'm sure it will be in constant use :-) It looks lovely.

Sue said...

What a beautiful and adorable quilt, your little girl will just love it and it will be so cute with her dolly sized pack and play.
Merry Christmas Liz!

Mum-me said...

It looks great - I'm sure any little girl would love to have it for their doll baby.

Shannon said...

THAT quilt is TO DIE FOR!!!!!

Joyce said...

Very cute. I love the simplicity of it.

Kathryn Costa said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I have a present for you on my blog. Swing by when you get a moment.

{soul hugs}
k

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun quilt - love the bright colors and simplicity.

Anonymous said...

Some of the content is very worthy of my drawing, I like your information!