Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We are celebrating the holidays with my husband's family right now and soon we'll be celebrating New Year's Eve with friends. (We've been celebrating together since 1989! This year's group will total nine adults, nine kids, five dogs and a cat.) Needless to say, we'll be packed in like cord wood and I'm going to be very busy. So my posting here will probably be sporadic or nonexistent until after the New Year.

Until then, I thought I would leave you with a couple of photos of the island decked out in her holiday best. One of my favorite island traditions is the gigantic Christmas tree in the middle of main street. I love how my little ones "oooh and aaaah" as we drive past it. If you're wondering - the red streak in the photo is a snowmobile tail light - it drove past while my shutter was open...


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Liz. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful extended holiday celebration. Looking forward to your posts in the New Year.

Brenda said...

Merry Christmas. Love your little town.

muralimanohar said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you are having a fantastic time over there! :D

jacquie said...

looks like you're having a lovely christmas. just wanted to add my good wishes!

Anonymous said...

The photos of your town lit up for Christmas are lovely Liz :) We had a great Christmas at home with family and tomorrow is my father's birthday so we are going to have a big bash for him. I posted some pics of our swap package from you on my blog and wanted to say thanks again. The kids are busy building snowmen out of the floam and munching on the cotton candy snowballs today *grin* Have a happy New Year's!
Rosina

Anonymous said...

I love your town!

susan said...

very pretty. really? people drive around on snowmobiles? are cars allowed at all? it does look awfully comfy cozy

Anonymous said...

You these things, I have read twice, for me, this is a relatively rare phenomenon!
Personalized Signature:常州麻将,常州三打一,常州攻主,常州斗地主,常州4人升级

stitching under oaks said...

beautiful...hope your holiday was a merry one!