Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Pi Day

Being the geeky math teacher that I am, I feel compelled to wish you all a very happy Pi Day. I hope sometime today you will take a moment to express your appreciation of all things circular. At school we celebrated at approximately 1:59.

Why today at 1:59, you ask? Well, today is March 14th - 3/14. So at 1:59 it was 3/14 1:59 and Pi is approximately equal to 3.14159. Get it? I warned you that I was a geeky math teacher... But I'm not alone. Below are the earrings my friend, S, wore to school today. (Yes, she's a math teacher, too.)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks for the heads up. I told my stepson to wish his teacher a happy Pi day. I'll ask him how it went next time I see him!

Anonymous said...

As non-mathematically inclined person, this is such a strange idea... but awesome! If my math teacher had been this fun, I might have gotten better grades. hehe.

I just stopped by to thank you for commenting on my blog and to have a quick browse. You have some really cool stuff on here! Where you live must be so beautiful... If you don't object, I'd like to keep up with your blog. :)