Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Step Closer to Spring

This is what I saw as I walked out of school this afternoon - the first freighter of the year. Yeah! The sound of freighters passing by is a sure sign that spring is almost here. The Sault Locks opened today, so the freighters will pass by pretty regularly from now on. It also means that the Coast Guard cutter will break up the ice to keep the shipping lanes open, which brings us one step closer to the island's ferry service starting up again. We are all ready for the boats to run...

6 comments:

Shannon said...

You are THAT close to the water? I guess so, if you live on an island ;)

misschris said...

Isn't it funny how everyone sees spring in different ways?

Liz said...

Yes, we are that close to the lake. The school is literally across the street from the shoreline. It makes for a great view out my classroom windows.

Anonymous said...

How great it is to view a scenery like this during working hours :-) There are way too many buildings around me.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Boats! We move the offices over on May 2.

p.s. I have some Middle Eastern headgear for you!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* I envy you, living by the water...