Friday, February 9, 2024

Finish it February: Stained Glass


This February I've been trying to get projects finished. Sometimes they get put off to the side and they sit for a while. Sometimes life gets in the way, other times you get bored. This project got shut down by the Covid 19 lockdown. I was part way through a class when the mandate came down so it sat. And without the class and the instructor, I didn't get back to it. I tried to finish it last winter, but clearly I didn't quite make that deadline. This year I tried again.


My only issue was, I had left it out in the shop so long, one of the kids at school cracked a piece of the glass. Luckily a windshield repair kit did a really nice job and I didn't have to take it apart to replace the piece. (I still notice the crack, but the textured glass makes it hard to see if you're not looking for it.) In the last week I've managed to get it finished, cemented, polished, and hung.


I don't know if I will ever become a serious stained glass artist, but I'm really happy with how it looks in my sewing room window.

One project down, 2,437 more to go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, Liz!

Liz said...

Thank you! It makes me smile every time I walk past my sewing room.