Friday, February 23, 2024

Finish it February: Princess Leia's Accessories


A friend and I have been working on costumes for  a Comic Con we plan to attend this spring / summer. I'm going to dress up as Princess Leia in her Rebel uniform from Return of the Jedi. My friend has a resin 3D printer, so he's been making the "hard" bits while I've been working on some of the "soft" bits. He printed Leia's blaster (NOT a real gun pictured below) but I needed to make her holster. Not something I ever imagined myself sewing, truth be told. Luckily I had the little one on the right to use for reference since I couldn't find a free holster pattern anywhere on line.

I also made a strap for her coms unit, 


and a pouch for her belt. It's significantly larger than the screen accurate version; I made this one big enough to hold my phone and a small wallet. If I was looking to join the Rebel Legion the inaccurate size would be an issue, but since this is just for fun it won't be a problem. The Rebel Legion folks take Star Wars costuming very seriously!

 

I'm not sure which Comic Con we'll make it to, but getting everything together has been a lot fun.  

No comments: