Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Doo

Apparently bangs really get in the way in kindergarten. My son went to school the other day looking like this:


but came home looking like this:



Thankfully, school pictures were taken a few weeks ago! He left the hair in his desk, so I made sure to nab it the next morning and put it into an envelope with an explanation. I slid it into his baby book, so hopefully he'll get a laugh out of it in about 20 years. I tried to even out the cut, but my cutting skills aren't up to par. He looked even worse after I'd worked on him, so we headed down to 7th Heaven, where Mike saved the day with the clippers.

So now he looks like this:


I'm still not use to it, but it's growing on both of us...

10 comments:

kate said...

Oh my.

Mama Said Sew said...

Oh, you're so lucky he did it after picture day!

My DS cut his the night before pictures! Luckily, it was only a quarter size nearly bald spot. I did what I could with the clippers, but you can still see the baldish spot in his pictures. :)

Marcia said...

At two or three, my daughter ended up with bangs like that right before I was going to have their picture taken for Christmas! He looks grown up with a buzz cut. (My favorite male haircut)

Indy Mom said...

OOOOPPPPS! I almost didn't recognize him in a picture on a hay wagon! It'll grow.

Deanna said...

Love the buzz! :)
It's funny, every kid I've ever seen that has cut his/her own hair, the cut always looks the same. LOL!

Diane said...

It now looks like a super summer do even it Fall is definitely here. I think it seems like all kids like to cut their hair when they are little - it's nice that he saved his hair in his desk so you can put some in his baby book.
Happy Wednesday!!

Allie said...

Oh my - you're lucky he didn't go closer to the scalp - when my Sam did this, even a buzz cut didn't help! Good thing you're preserving the memories.

cindi said...

oh yeah, that's been done a few times in my house by my daughter doing it to herself! thank goodness it grows back :)

denice said...

LOL. My three year old daughter did the same thing... then we got it "fixed" and she DID IT AGAIN a few days later!! Now there is really no way to fix it so we're just being patient for awhile and wearing big bows...

Simply Stork said...

oh dear...

~simply~