Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Snip Snip


She's three and a half and just had her very first hair cut... sniff sniff... My little girl is growing up. Her brother had his first hair cut at three as well, but my little toe head had a lot less hair.


I can't believe she will be four in just a few short months - it seems like she was just born. I'm still chuckling about her feigning, "It hurts!" as the stylist trimmed off all of about two inches. Of course I had to save it. One little lock is now safely tucked away within the pages of her baby book. The one I am religious about updating regularly; seriously, I am really good about it. It's just a little thing that I can do for my children. I think they'll really appreciate those books when they are older. I know I love flipping through the pages of mine...

7 comments:

The DO said...

I so feel ya! My son is a month from 4 and I sit and look around wondering where my babies have gone! But fortunatly the process of watching them grow has been so interesting and so much fun that it offsets the "my babies are growing up" trauma:)

Marcia said...

You are such a good mom. I was very bad at keeping that stuff up.

The WoodLand School said...

Those "firsts" are always so emotional for me. I'm impressed with the baby books -- you rock!

cinnamongirl93 said...

Happy new year to you!
Blessings to you and yours for 2010!

Indy Mom said...

"That hurts".....now that is funny! She is a cracker jack!

Loralynn said...

I have the first clippings from all of my children too! It's a sweet sentimental gesture! Here's wishing you and yours a Happy New Year!

Camille said...

Look at all that gorgeous hair! :) I can imagine it was emotional and "painful" for her. She'll appreciate it even more when her hair grows back even thicker and healthier! What a cute blog you have :)