Saturday, December 5, 2009

Perfect Timing


Our mittens were done just in time for snowmobile season! Which Started Friday in almost the best possible way. I rode my bike to school on Friday morning and my husband took me home on the snowmobile Friday afternoon! No month long walking on roads too icy for bikes but not snowy enough for snowmobiles. Trust me, those times on Mackinac are not pleasant.

Snowmobile season started on the perfect day because this weekend is the island's annual Christmas Bazaar. Lost of people brave the winter weather for this annual event.

One of my favorite parts of the Bazaar is the island's community garage sale. It's held in one of the island's few garages (since we don't have cars) - can you guess who's garage it is?


(Dennis, the Fire Chief, let me climb up on one of the trucks to take this picture.) The kids love the sale too. They each got to enjoy a hot dog, brownie and some cocoa and then got to pick out a toy to take home. Since I could ride my snowmobile, I took the kids home after they ate and then I went back later to shop for wool sweaters - what else?

I did manage to find a few other treasures too. A vintage apron, some wooden trees for the kids to decorate, a rain hat, two blue and white plates, and three bottles of glitter. I've never seen glitter in glass bottles before so I think they've been around a while. With two little kids in the house, I'm predicting they'll finally get used.

Today we'll all go back to the Bazaar for lunch and to see Santa. He arrives at one - on a fire truck...

7 comments:

Beth said...

oh, how great is that garage sale! and i bet the kids love santa coming in on the fire truck!

Mike Forrester said...

Looks like it was a great time on the island yesterday. Hope the rest of the weekend is equally fun!

Erin said...

That all sounds so fun!

Indy Mom said...

What fun! Wish I could join you. Here....we are just cold without the snow. At least we finally have SUN!

Allie said...

Very cool - looks like a great way to spend a weekend!

Marcia said...

Looks like a fun day! You have more snow than we do! It has been VERY cold here though. Thanks for all the great pics.

Sam said...

I liked the look of the Christmas Bazaar, but the garage sale?
*swoon*
I'll be there next year ;-)