Monday, March 30, 2020

Keeping Busy


I've been working hard to maintain a positive attitude in light of the current situation. I tend to be an anxious person and often worry about, well... everything. For me the key to keeping my anxiety under control these past two weeks has been to keep busy.

Yesterday's project was my sewing room and it was an all day project. Everything came out of the closet, off of every shelf and out of every drawer. (I even vacuumed inside the drawers.) Every piece of fabric was refolded and organized, and five trash bags of hoarded, I mean saved items were moved into the donation pile or city-approved garbage bags. When I was finally finished I just stood back and smiled. It was one of those jobs that has been nagging at me and it feels really good to cross it off my list.

3 comments:

exteach said...

good job. liz. i , too, am trying to stay busy, but since we are moving this weekend, i seem to spend my time packing boxes. be well.
marsha

Gemma's person said...

I think we all are doing the same sort of thing. Sorting,organizing,gives us a purpose and we can feel in charge of our lives.
Love that you are holding on to your table. Your mess is more organized than my organized.:) hee

Gemma's person said...

Will you take an order for some of those masks from me. I would be glad to send you the money and then you could make them.
Are you making any with elastic that goes behind the ears?
Beth Van Hoosier
I've been following you for some time. Check in every once in awhile.
Thanks .