Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Inspired


As I've been blog hopping lately, I've fallen in love with these. There's just something about them. (Perhaps they remind me of the good-old-days when I use to sit in the Indian Dormitory making coiled raffia baskets for the island tourists.) As soon as I saw Maya's baskets, I had to try it. I had some laundry cord on the shelf in my sewing room and beads left over from a few years ago

The whole process was easier than I anticipated, but I think I need a heavier cord - the basket isn't as sturdy as I'd like. Plus the upper edge is a bit wonky and I think with a larger gauge cord it wouldn't be as noticeable.

All in all, not a bad first try, but I think the next one needs handles...

3 comments:

Melody said...

Super cute! Don't you love finding easy DIY crafts like that! It turned out really nice! :)

Debi said...

Very cool! And also inspiring! You did a great job!

Suzanne said...

Very nice finish for a first one!