Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Disney on a Dime #3


#3: Autograph Books

I knew I wanted to have autograph books for the kids to use at Disney, but I wanted them to be special. Certainly not the mass produced ones they sell at the parks for an arm and a leg. So I stalked Etsy and found this lovely little shop.

Jodi takes old Little Golden Books and rebinds them along with either blank or lined pages. They were prefect autograph books for the trip, and at only $12.00 each they were a bargain. Plus, we had stories to read when the lines in the parks were long, and pages to color when we were waiting for our meals. (Luckily, our longest wait for a ride was about 15 minutes.) We chose Disney books, but she has lots of other options. I bet she'd even be willing to use a book that you sent to her.


If you are planning to collect autographs while visiting Disney I highly recommend these books! Prince Naveen even commented on them. "These are really cool," he said in that delicious accent, "Did you make them? I've never seen anything like this before." It made my day people. Made my day...

I was not compensated for this post in any way.
I really do loves these books.

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Liz, I think I love you. Off to peruse the Etsy shop ;)

kate said...

There are just so many clever people out there. Those books are wonderful, and I love Golden titles!

Deanna said...

I agree with the Prince, they are really cool! And look at you...when you're not creating something, you are finding other wonderful creations! LOVE it!!!

Heidi said...

Those are FABULOUS!!

Melody said...

Liz, you have the best ideas! What great ways you came up with for your kids to have fun and remain budget savy. Awesome ideas!

Suzanne said...

Very nice way to save but put a personal touch to a family vacation!