Monday, May 3, 2010

Surprise!

Yeah, it's official, I'm 40.

And, let me tell you, so far it's been great.

It started out with a package I received the night before my birthday. It was a birthday shirt - for ME - made by my good friend Maggie.

Then, the weekend after my birthday, my husband planned and skillfully executed a surprise party. I don't have many pictures (guess I should have known something was up when he was annoyed with me for leaving my good camera at home), but it was wonderful! Tons of my friends were there, the adults and the kids all had a good time, and I got a much needed night out with the girls (while the husbands stayed behind with the kids.)

Four of us have all turned 40 this year; I'm glad we got to celebrate together.

Thanks honey. Grandma Mary is so right, you are a keeper. Now, you've risen the bar so high, I can't wait to see what you do when I turn 50!

10 comments:

Diane said...

Happy 40th Birthday!! I'm glad you had such a wonderul time with your family & Friends!
Happy Monday!!

Mandy said...

Happy 40th. Sounds like a fun weekend! Brian's was also this spring, it was fun to celebrate with the kids too.

Melody said...

Hope you had a wonderful b-day Liz! Looks like fun! We are coming up to the island the last weekend of May (Th,Fr,Sat,Sun) before Memorial Day. Can't wait! Wanted to let you know, I've temporarily set my blog to private due to some "issues" I need to sort out. If you'd like to send me your e-mail addy I'd be happy to send you an invitation.
mjames72@sbcglobal.net
Have a great day!

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday!!! surprise parties are the best, what a sweet husband you have :)

Allie said...

Ah you're just a kid yet - Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!!! What a GREAT hubby, I didn't even get a gift for my 50th, lol!

Kindle said...

Happy happy birthday. I hope you'll have 40 more birthdays to come. Have a great day!

Loralynn said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely surprise from your Hubby!

Indy Mom said...

Yep, you better keep that one!

cinnamongirl93 said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I was so happy to turn 40. I hope you are enjoying yourself!

The WoodLand School said...

Happy, happy 40th, Liz! Sending you my wishes for a delightful birthday with a wonderful year to follow :-)