Monday, June 9, 2008

They Were Everywhere!

Being the geeky science person that I am, I really enjoy a good bug. I like watching them, taking pictures of them, catching them, and showing them to to S and K. But not when they are literally everywhere!
There were so many of them flying around while I was trying to get a picture, I had to hold the neck of my jammies tight so they couldn't fly in (after getting one up my sleeve - yuck!) My dad said they were June Bugs and that they are quite common. I've lived in Michigan my entire life and I can't ever remember seeing a swarm of them!
There were trout everywhere too... We stopped at the fish hatchery on the way home from my parent's house on Sunday to feed the fish. As always, the kids loved it... well most of it. About every three minutes K said, "I go swimmin." She just didn't understand why she just couldn't jump right in with the fish.

We made it back to the island just in time to enjoy the rain... Not that I am complaining mind you - my gardens love the rain!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

You are brave. I avoid bugs at all costs. Especially if they are going to enter my clothing.

Shannon said...

PS youve been tagged!

Anonymous said...

Is there a reason why they are hanging out on the mesh screen?

Anonymous said...

Ew. I can handle bugs, sure, but swarms? In my jammies? For the sake of a photo? Um, no. You're too cool... my kids would love it!

Jeanette said...

Oh my gosh, those bugs would FREAK ME OUT! There is no way in heck I would have been outside taking pictures of them, I would have been inside under a table rocking and moaning LOL