Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Ouch!


Come outside and help me, dad said.
This batch of bees are really nice, he said,
I promise, you won't get stung.
My son, wasn't so sure.
I'll help, he said. IF
you pay me $10.00 for each sting.
Dad, confident that all would be well,
agreed: $10.00 per sting.

All was well, until it wasn't...


 Of  the 20 stingers found in my son's gloves,
12 found their way through.
And even when you aren't allergic
to bee stings,
12 stings is a lot.
So when my son's throat started
to feel "weird,"
it was time to go to the Medical Center.

A large dose of Benadryl,
an IV,
three hours,
and
$120.00
later,

and the kid is just fine.

He's actually pretty blasé about the whole thing and has already offered to help his dad whenever he needs it. Though I'm quite sure his dad will be purchasing a second pair of beekeeping gloves.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Isn't it nice to have a medical facility there? Just a little less to worry about. Not the easiest $120 he will ever make! lol

Liz said...

The Medical Center is handy!