Wednesday, August 7, 2019

My Kind of Shopping


This week we were lucky enough to find the Iceland Red Cross Second Hand Shop. It was a lovely little shop complete with a rack of second hand, hand-knit Icelandic sweaters.


The prices were significantly higher than second hand stores in the US, but the used sweaters were much less expensive than the new ones. 


Today 8,000 Icelandic Króna (ISK) was equal to $65.64. A new sweater, of the same style at the Handknitting Association of Iceland's shop was about 28,500 ISK (about $233.00.) The new sweaters were gorgeous, but we wanted to check out the used ones before we bought something new.

I'm glad we checked out the Red Cross shop. My mom found two sweaters, I found a shawl and I enjoyed getting a peek at just how creative Icelandic knitters can be.

1 comment:

Gemma's person said...

Nice sweaters even used. Neat that you found the shop. Good for you . I see you are on vacation.