Tuesday, July 9, 2019

I Think We're Gonna Get Wet


As we got ready to board the Hornblower (the Canadian version of the Maid of the Mist) they gave everyone red poncho raincoats. They were going to help a little, but it didn't matter because we came prepared with full rain gear, including boots.



Heading down into the mist seemed like the perfect thing to do on a dreary rainy day at the falls. (Our only rainy day.)

The power of the water coming over the falls was even more evident when we viewed them from below.

 

It amazed me just how much wind the falling water created. I was very glad we packed our rain gear. If we hadn't, we would have been completely soaked. The mist combined with the wind, made it seem like an October storm. A wonderfully fun storm. Most of the other people were drenched from the knee down.

The Hornblower was a great experience. It made me think back to when I rode the Maid of the Mist when I was about 10. Good memories...

And actually, except for our hair, we stayed dry.

No comments: