Monday, June 17, 2019

Parade Fun


This year S and I didn't just watch the Lilac Parade, we were in it. S was with the group from the Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House. He volunteered there last summer and loved it so much that he is working there this summer. He may not look 100% thrilled to be in that bee costume, but trust me he had a great time. It still hasn't really hit me yet that he is actually old enough to have a real summer job!

Photo courtesy of Straits Pride
I walked with Straits Pride - a new advocacy group for the LGBTQ community in the Straits area.  This was our first year in the parade and everyone was excited by how supportive the crowd was. As an ally, I'm thrilled to be on the board of directors of this nonprofit, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

No comments: