Monday, April 8, 2019

Out with the Old

Somewhere around northern Michigan I lost a four. I knew the State of Michigan would not appreciate my horrible lapse in license plate etiquette, so I popped into the Secretary of State last time I was on the mainland. The lovely woman at the counter was quite surprised at how badly the plate was peeling. Surprised until she checked the computer system and saw that we'd had that plate on our van for ten years. Apparently license plates are supposed to be replaced every ten years anyway, so the S. O. S. replaced it for free. I inquired about getting the car replaced instead, but the lady at the counter was not amused. Undoubtedly it was the 150th time she'd heard that same joke..

1 comment:

Kris S said...

Interesting that they replaced the plate for free. Maybe because it was damaged? I just had to replace the plate on my '05 suburban in December; it was the original plate and SOS (I'm in Michigan too) wouldn't renew it anymore, told me I had to buy a new one. And they charged me for the plate! GRR!