Saturday, December 30, 2017

Breakout


The day before winter break my co-teacher and I treated the 4th, 5th and 6th graders to a Breakout Activity. If you aren't familiar with BreakoutEDU, in a nutshell they're activities that require kids to think critically and creatively, while working as a team to solve a series of  puzzles.


The teams did a great job finding the clues,



 solving the puzzles,


 and finally freeing the elf.


I owe my good friend, Kelaine, a big shout out for introducing me to BreakoutEDU, and another to our school custodian, Mike; he kindly added hasps onto six old cash boxes so we could lock them. You guys rock!

2 comments:

Kate said...

So happy to hear that EUP teachers are involved in Breakouts. I plan to offer some at the Les Cheneaux Community Library this winter.
Just last week, I adapted Reindeer Games and used it for my grandchildren's Christmas gifts. After they opened the 5 locks and opened the container they found puzzle pieces that needed to assembled to give them directions to their gifts.
It was a hit, especially with the 7 year old...the 5 year old lost interest in some of the puzzles.
What great learning and fun.

Suzanne said...

Looks like a great project. Thanks for sharing it