Monday, May 4, 2015

Monster Cupcakes


This year my daughter asked for a My Singing Monster birthday. So, we've been knee deep in monsters for a few days; happy friendly singing monsters, not scary mean ones. 


I made monster cupcakes for her to take to school. Frosting them with the grass tip was kind of a pain but the end result was worth it. (Thankfully I only needed 16 of them and not 30.) Just be aware if you make these, the kids tell me that the Wilton candy eyes taste awful; like get-up-run-to-the-trash-to-spit-them-out-immediately awful. They were cute and easy, but next time I'll probably make the eyes myself.


As I look at them, I can't help thinking about these guys.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Those are adorable!
That is so funny about the kids not liking the taste of the eyes. I myself have never been a fan of Wilton products either, LOL! What I've been doing...each time I have extra black and white royal icing when doing a cookie order, I make up extra eyes to keep in stock for upcoming orders! :) Works like a charm! :)

Suzanne said...

Very cute! I like your wonderfully creative birthday party ideas!